Wednesday, May 18, 2011

The First Reading


Yesterday we had classes outside again because it was another beautiful day. In between Lott’s class and Rosko’s class we had a catered lunch. I’m not kidding. They brought pizza, breads, farro salad, homemade pasta with a pasta sauce whose recipe has been passed down through generations, and custard that the chef’s mother made for dessert. It was delicious. After classes some girls and I went into town to write and shop. Last night we had the first reading at the villa. Three students (myself included) and the two professors shared original works. Rosko shared poetry, Raena- also poetry, John- fiction, Lott- an essay, and I shared a nonfiction story. I was really nervous because I’ve never shared anything I’ve written with anyone other than a professor, but it went really well. Today we are going to Florence for the weekend!!! I went there on my trip with Sam, but I am more excited to go now that I have taken history classes at the College about the Renaissance. I feel like I’ll really be able to appreciate it now. I won’t be taking my laptop with me, so I’ll post an update on Sunday night or Monday morning.

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment