Wednesday, May 11, 2011

l'inizio: The beginning

After multiple people asking me to do so, I have finally started a blog to document my trip in Italy. Right now, the 12 other students, two professors, and I are waiting to board our flight in Charleston to go to Atlanta and then Rome. We'll get to Rome at about 8 am and then take a train to Spoleto.  I'm taking a travel writing class and a poetry class. Maybe I'll post some of my work on the blog if it's not terrible.  I'll make sure to take and post tons of pictures of our villa, the scenery, the food, and anything else amazing I see.

Ciao!

3 comments:

  1. I bet you are having so much fun Maggie. One year ago, I spent 60 days in Europe and went through several cities in Italy. I know keeping a blog can turn into a job but the more you put into it, the more you will get out of it and appreciate it. If you get a chance, Cinque Terre and Sorento/Kapri were some of my favorite stops in Italy. The blog we kept is at http://kzeurope.blogspot.com/ if you feel like checking out the Italy section. Hope you have discovered the gelateria called "Grom." Hands down the best I had throughout Europe. There is one in Florence and Sienna. Have a cup of the half strawberry and half cream for me (perhaps after a glass of wine). Happy and safe travels from Atl!

    Zach Cohen

    ReplyDelete